Wednesday 2 January 2013

StyleArc Creative Cate Top - Jungle January

Jungle January has jumped onto the calendar and here is my first item to parade:

The Creative Cate Top from StyleArc patterns.

Many people have reviewed this top on PR however I was a little concerned that it would suit me. My main concern was the sleeve length. I need sleeves to hide the tuck shop arms but was concerned over how a lengthened sleeve would look on a style like this. When I saw Kelly's version I was happy to give it a go.

The purrfect fabric for this is my animal mishmash that just goes purrfectly with Prttynpnk's Jungle January - in praise of textile beasties. I love the colours of this fabric and the feel is divine too.


In addition to lengthening the sleeves by 2 3/4 inches I lengthened the body by 4 3/4 inches. I also changed the hem to a "shirt tail" hemline as I like the look. I am very happy with the outcome.



I also added some stay tape to the shoulders.

Only 3 pattern pieces and one is a small neck band for the back!!


This top is so easy it practically sews itself. I can prove this - look how good it is - certainly not my sewing!!!! Sews up quick too. Just put the neckband on, sew up the sides and then attach the front cowl piece to the shoulders and sew. The hemming is what takes the longest.
Pictured with StyleArc Linda Pants


The top took 2 1/2 hours to sew. Very easy and highly recommended.

This will now be the first item for my Artisans Square SWAP 2013

I see many many more of these in my near future ...... hmm .... do I hear one pattern many looks contest???

26 comments:

  1. This top looks great on you... love the fabric too! I also have the same issue with my arms and usually need to do a bit of sleeve alterations as well... the extra length you added looks great and definitely solves our little problem LOL. I've been wondering about this pattern as well and after seeing it on you I think I'll have to add this to my pattern collection. Thanks heaps for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go You!!! This is brilliant - looks super and stylish. Your changes worked well. Guess you will be sewing these up in your sleep now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already started on the next one!!!

      Delete
  3. Great fabric - the top suits you really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Off to a flying start - great to have a resounding success to start with. The top looks great and suits you and the changes you made work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look "purr-fect". The top is a great print. The pants are nice too. What fabric did you use for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa - the top is an ITY knit and the pants a jersey knit - polyester / lycra for both .... I promise not to stand too close to the heater!!!!

      Delete
  6. What a winner! Beajay you've done a great fitting job and going by your gorgeous big smile, I think you must be super happy with this top too. Congratulations you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this top on you!! It is a winner.
    Blessings,
    Patit

    ReplyDelete
  8. BeaJay this top looks great on you. I love the stronger colour. I like the fact you've made it more fitted. The sleeve length look great as does the v neck, which is very flattering. Your smile says it all well done.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  9. BeaJay this top looks great on you. I love the stronger colour. I like the fact you've made it more fitted. The sleeve length look great as does the v neck, which is very flattering. Your smile says it all well done.
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love it. What a great shape and pattern and drape. Isn't it wonderful to find a pattern that just goes together and fits!! :) And you certainly rock the animal print look too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great, I like the longer sleeves and the cowl neck. The colour and shape really suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go for it, this top looks fantastic on you and the line works with the Linda pants, looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an awesome top! Looks great with those pants too. I'm planning on a dress for Jungle January .......... let's see how I go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this style on you, and you've done a great job choosing a nice fabric for it too. I love StyleArc!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know your friends will want you to make some for them now...so flattering and it sounds so fast and easy!Be sure and send it to Pretty Grievances for her Jungle January blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love this on you! Is this your first knit? If so, you've chosen a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely! And way to pounce on Jungle January. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a cute top. I love how proud you look in the second picture, which you should be.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The top looks wonderful on you!! This is one of my favorite necklines too, very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a way to be a part of Jungle January! Your top is totally paw/awesome! Honestly, Beajay, you inspired me to finish a "UFO" project that has been already cut from a leopard/cheetaph printed fabric, several months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are making me buy patterns online, you enabler, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to help the global economy recover!

      Delete
  22. Oh that is a stunner! That is one of the SA patterns I don't have yet, why oh why??

    ReplyDelete
  23. BeeJay, Great job of both top.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate your feedback and your interest.