Friday 23 November 2012

Craftsy online classes - SALE

These sales..... makes it hard for a girl to resist.

Craftsy online sewing courses are on sale - most for under $20.

Mind you - I had already purchased some at full price but that didn't stop me from going and purchasing some more. I am now enrolled in the following.



Now there are many of my sewing sisters out there that need no additional help in the sewing arena - but I definitely need help.

I have looked through 2 already - not sewing but looking - and am happy with these.

Plus sized pattern fitting and design. This one comes with pattern V8815 supplied in the price - a lovely peplum top. What I liked about this class is not only is it for plus sizes - but I wanted to know how to turn this


into 


Barbara (craftsy teacher) talks you through it but unfortunately doesn't "walk" you through it. She gives you the info on how to do it so I shall certainly try after I make the original top. Most of the lessons are concentrating on fitting the top. Some of my fellow sewing bloggers are making wonderful trench coats - check out Velosewer's finished trench on How Good Is That and Sharon progress at Petite and Sewing.

Now I am years away from making a trench like those - I am going to start with a "rain coat" made out of V8815. The look of the "coat" Barbara made appeals to me. There are no pockets, buttons, flaps, belts etc.... sew I am hoping I can get through it. The original pattern is rated easy - so fingers crossed. It is not first on my sewing list but I do want to sew it after I make some of the original versions of the top.

The other class I looked at was the Tailored Shirt. Now this class looks fantastic. I have looked through it and it seems that Pam (teacher) actually "walks" you through everything so you can sew along. This is very exciting for me and what I truly need in a class. Teacher does the step - I do the step. Again - this is not the first one on my list to do as I want to sew some easier things first.

I purchased the couture dress for the future. I think this will help me to learn some great techniques - a little further down the line.... but couldn't resist the SALE..

The art of cloth dying and jewelry making are both things I am interested in - but way down the line.

During my upcoming holidays I am going to do the Sewing with Knits, Plus Sized Pattern Fitting and hopefully get onto the pants fitting and construction.. I am hoping...

6 comments:

  1. Good on you, I love that peplum top and the jacket in the photo! May have try these for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started using Craftsy too. I am signed up for the 2 Sandra Betzina pants courses - Fitting and Construction. The pattern supplied for the princess pants is lovely and I can't wait to have a go. Didn't get them for $20.00 each tho. Oh well. You are never too old to learn new stuff no matter how long you have been sewing and to get the visual is a great way to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! I would love to peplum a jacket like that! If I take the same crafty course as you, can I dip your pigtails in ink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh - I have never had my pigtails dipped in ink - sounds intriguing. It would be great if others signed up and we can all sew together.

      Delete
  4. This sounds fun, I hope you find it useful and very reasonable priced. My dressmaking has taken back seat while I continue with my new fascination with sock knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things about the tailored shirt course. The plus size pattern fitting and design class looks interesting too. I signed up for a number of Craftsy courses too - the jewelry workshop eased me into jewelry making nicely. Still slogging through making the couture dress myself. Have fun with the courses and take your time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate your feedback and your interest.