Saturday 11 August 2012

Pattern Review Mini Wardrobe Contest

Change of plans... I am not going to start sewing my cross over top as I am going to enter the PR mini wardrobe contest. As I have been madly creating wardrobe plans for the next year, I have decided to go ahead and use my plans for the contest.

So for the next 3 weeks I will be preparing... adjusting patterns, washing fabric and making muslins ready to kick off in September.... I have decided to start on the turquoise pallet and hopefully get through the 4 items required.

I haven't yet decided if I will sew my key item or buy it (already purchased a couple of options, just waiting for delivery - see below). However I do also want to make the Pamela's Patterns banded cardigan and I have some lovely cream material to do so.. I guess it will depend on how much pattern and material prep I can get through in the next 3 weeks (sounds like a long time but with work commitments etc - who knows!!!). Of course if I go with the purchased options I may have to sew up a quick tank top for my first wardrobe option.
Purchase option 1

Purchase option 2

The below is my board for the contest. I figure I can get 11 outfits out of the 5 items. I am not going to enter until I am sure I can complete because I have entered contests before and then life interrupted. So - fingers crossed.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan. Love your key items. Hope you find the time to get it all happening. Do you find a contest commitment helps or hinders your progress? I seem to get more done when I'm not trying.......go figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right Pam. Although it seems to me to be what else is going on in my life rather than if it is a competition or not. It is good to have a "sew along" though so to speak.

      Delete
  2. This will be a stylish mini wardrobe and so versatile with a cardigan as your key item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas!!! Will be following you closely on this...don't rush yourself with the timeframe...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate your feedback and your interest.