The lack of opportunity to sew has depressed me a bit (along with having to work on weekends) - so I thought that this hiatus would give me a chance to look at the months that have passed and as it is half way through the year - check in on my SEWLUTIONS.
The lovely Karen at Did You Make That decided to put our new years sewing resolutions to the test and have us put our "sewlutions" in the Jar to be held accountable.
I have put this as a separate page so that I can add to it to keep track. It will also help me to keep track of the stash busting contest I have entered with the Australian Sewing Guild. Check out the sewlutions page by clicking on the tab at the top of the page.
The lovely Michelle over at Every stitch I make nominated me for a "Sweet Blog" Award. How nice is that. Thanks Michelle! Having just received an award last month (and due to the fact that I am flat chat with work) I am going to hold on to the award till I have the time to go through and look at who to pass it on to. I also like to make it something special with a contest too so I will have to give it time to marinate.......
Coming soon - in no particular order.....
- Pictures of items 8 and 9
- Style Arc Marni to match item 9 (half completed)
- Muslin of Busting Butterick Jacket (half completed)
- Another 2 x Abby cardis - already cut
- I am eager to try the below pattern. I am not going to put in the pockets though. Don't think it would suit me with pockets. I have some lovely fabric from KnitWit that is begging to be made into this:
8. StyleArc Slip on Suzi
9. Really really really want to try a skirt like the one L has made. I love the look. Just need to find an appropriate pattern. I am sure I have one in my stash.
There are so many patterns I want to sew and so little time..
BTW - was any other Aussie impressed by the suit The Governor-General, Her Excellency, Quentin Bryce was wearing today when she swore KRudd in (again)??? I thought it unusual and pays a slight homage to a "sash" as befitting her role as the highest representative of the Queen in Australia. And Therese Rein's (Mrs KRudd) coat reminds me of a Sandra Betzina pattern.