Thursday 23 February 2012

A quick thank you

This post is just a quick thanks for all the positive and encouraging comments left on my post / review of my red dress.

I don't have anyone around me who sews so it really is important to me to get feedback from fellow sewists (and not just members of my family) ;-)

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have decided to follow this blog and to welcome new members - it is very humbling.

Next project will be the Pamela's Patterns Magic Pencil Skirt. I want a hopefully quick win and I still need to tweak the red dress pattern shoulders and armholes. Tigergirl - I will let you know if it really is magic - I think it will be for me - I am no where near drafting a pattern myself - even if it is just a straight skirt - I am constantly blown away by the experience you all have out there (very interested in Carolyn's "pattern sandwiching").

Until the skirt is finished (and maybe a top to go with it).

Happy sewing ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beajay,
    Glad our comments help. I agree that it's very important to be able to share with online friends when there's nobody else near you who sews. Thank you for your help too. I've finished the sleeves of my dress now and they seem to have turned out OK after all. The seems are not too bulky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reading this post, I decided to look at your dress again. Now I realize how well it fits you. I'd say that's a job well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate your feedback and your interest.