I am very happy with my pull on Barbs (and am in the midst of making some more pull on ponte pants from a different pattern) and I do love my Creative Cates and will be making more of those too.
But I do want to step it up a bit and as a business and management trainer I could use some tailored jackets and non knit dresses.
It has been a hell of a month (or so) and I guess that is why the comment hit me too.
- I started off really sick - better now - but lost a lot of time
- Next I lost my iPhone and had to replace - hadn't backed it up for some time too so am missing a lot of numbers.
- Then my computer (with all of my business stuff on it) started to sizzle so I had to buy a new computer and I haven't moved all of my stuff over so I am working between 2 computers.
- My credit card was hacked and someone purchased thousands of dollars worth of stuff which luckily my bank is reversing - however had to go through all of the cancellation and redo of direct payments
- My PVR corrupted a 1 terabyte portable drive I have so now it can't be used on my computer - or anywhere for that matter.
- Yesterday I was so pleased to be having a day sewing with my sewing buddies at Tessutis - got up early to finish cutting some patterns to sew. Packed my car with my machines and drove into Surry Hills only to find that I had the dates mixed up (Tessutis is next Saturday) and I should have been all the way across town at the Sewing Guild Industry Day - which I was looking forward to attending (using a new computer without my calendar updated obviously tested my memory which failed.) By the time I got home from Tessutis it wasn't worth going out to the industry day.
- Last night my new computer contracted a virus that was attacking it every second and I have spent 4 hours this morning "cleansing" it...
Phew - not looking for sympathy - just saying the warm comments actually bought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful community the sewing community is. In the scheme of things the above is nothing but a hassle and there are so many people actually suffering out there that I realise how lucky I am.
Reading through the comments I have made a decision on my challenge - yes I really do want to challenge myself.
A lovely dress (using my best fabric) with an invisible zip and Hong Kong finishes it will be. For the moment. I am working on a mini wardrobe so after that I will do my challenge.
I am going to save the Georgette top too. Keep tuned to find out how... I have some good ideas....no - make that great ideas :-)
In the meantime - love and hugs to all. I will always remember your kind words.