Sunday 25 November 2012

Welcome to the family Elna 744

I have a new baby..... The Elna 744 combined Overlocker and Coverstitch machine.

I have been thinking about getting a coverstitch machine and started to look into it when lo and behold a "still in the box - never been used" Elna 744 came my way through Gumtree. It was local to me - pick up only about 20 mins from my house - so I moseyed  (read sped with my foot on the accelerator) on over yesterday before the sewing group I attend started. Phew - what a rush - both physically and emotionally.

I had read that it's better to have a separate overlocker and coverstitch machine as it can be tricky and time consuming to switch them over. I already had an overlocker - the Elna 654 Pro so I primarily wanted a coverstitch machine to do all those lovely hems (hopefully) and when this dual machine came up on Gumtree I thought a "spare" overlocker would be good so I can keep it set up as a coverstitch and only change it over if need be. It is an early Xmas pressie to myself.



Isn't she pretty. And she actually was still in the box never used as claimed. Still had the manufactures threading and sample attached and everything was still originally wrapped in plastic and sealed. I think I got a good deal.

Well - I am happy anyway. Off to have a play - I was too tired after sewing at the sewing group yesterday and have been vacuuming etc this morning. 


6 comments:

  1. Are you a lucky girl, or what? Have fun playing with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo. She's pretty and will be great to use.
    Glad you got home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your cover stitch purchase. Welcome to the club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, very cool! What a score too! Keep us updated on using it, I've always wondered if its worth having a coverstitch machine or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, what a find!! I am sure you will enjoy playing with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate your feedback and your interest.